We are a Sonoma County-based company selling next-generation growing media to commercial cultivators. We are looking to hire a full-time Sales Support assistant who has experience with either cannabis cultivation or general horticulture.
Your primary duty is to provide reliable support to the sales team and help improve efficiency as our sales volume continues to increase. You will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with farmers and cultivators, answer questions for potential customers, and help ensure a positive experience with our products. You’ll also be responsible for organizing sales documents and agreements, updating customer information, and planning sales trips.
Because we are young and growing company, this full-time job requires flexibility and willingness to pitch-in in a variety of contexts and tasks beyond sales support including event planning and general office work.
- Contact customers to answer basic procedural questions or to gauge their level of satisfaction with our soils
- Assist management in a variety of non-sales capacities including event planning, customer service, and general office support
- Data entry and update customer records in the company database
- Collaborate with the sales staff to monitor and respond to inquiries and active purchase orders, ensuring orders are completed on time
- Provide basic customer service and work trade shows & events
- Report any inventory or service issues to management and sales
- Organize and plan sales trips for the sales staff
- A+ work ethic!
- Detail-oriented and possess top-shelf organizational capabilities
- Experience with either cannabis cultivation or general horticulture
- Outgoing, warm and friendly personality, comfortable with customer service
- Must be willing to work Saturdays!
- Technologically proficient. Knowledge of at least one common suite of office software. CRM experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and willing to work in many different areas as needed. As a startup, we need people willing to do what it takes to get work done!
- 2+ years’ sales support or cultivation / horticulture experience
- Associate degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in Horticulture, Soil Science, or Business Administration preferred)